When you are travelling you might get the urge to volunteer. When I was in Peru, a dreadful flooding occurred, causing many fatalities, destroying roads and bridges. This caused delays in aid getting to the people in most need. A friend of mine helped volunteer to dig debris and run offs for water to bypass areas. This is a great way to respect the county you are in and not just abuse the advantages in life we have been given. Or you simply might want to extend your travels by creating an expense free way of living while volunteering.
Here are 5 of the best sites (in no particular order) to approach if you are considering volunteering;
- Workaway – You can use Workaway to enable you to travel around a country for very low cost, you can use it to practice a language, or use it to learn new skills and meet new people!
- Travelfish – Using the internet to better provide travel intelligence to independent travellers, helping them find more interesting destinations, to get off the beaten track and to find little-known places to stay. Also helping little-known places to stay find people to host. These places only include South East Asia destinations
- Thorn Tree – Is by travellers, for travellers, and covers every place on the planet. More than a million members. 20 years of travel advice. Countless connections.
- Worldpackers – An online platform, where travelers looking to exchange their skills for accommodation with incredible hosts from all around the world.
- WWOOF – Connecting people who want to live and learn on organic
farms and smallholdings with people who are looking for volunteer help.