After living in London for nearly 4 year now I do have a little list of my favourite things to here in the capital. From sights, markets and bars.
- Houses of Parliament and the Big Ben: The Houses of Parliament’s iconic clock tower is one of London’s most famous landmarks
- The Shard: The tallest building in Western Europe featuring three restaurants with excellent views of the capital
- Tower Bridge: London’s famous bridges and one of many must-see landmarks in London with a glass floor and modern exhibitions
- Hyde Park: The largest of four Royal Parks that form a chain from the entrance of Kensington Palace through Kensington Gardens
- Camden Town: Mainly known for its lock, canal, market and alternative music venues. It’s a popular spot for tourists, and plenty of Londoners
- Buckingham Palace: Need I explain…
Camden Town – London Borough – Brixton – Brick Lane – Old Spitalfields
My Favourite Bars/Nightclubs:
The Worlds End (Camden) – The Alexandra (Clapham Common) – The Waxie O’ Connors (Soho) – BrewDog (Shepherds Bush) – Hippodrome Casino (Leicester Square)
Just stick to Piccadilly Circus/Clapham/Camden for quirky bars and nightclubs that run into the early hours.
However, London always has something going on and you will never be able to keep up. Use TimeOut London to plan your events better.
My favourite time in London is Winter. With Oxford Circus putting up some amazing light displays, mainly John Lewis and the likes competing over who has the most marketable Christmas display/advertisements. Like envious neighbours seeing who can put up the most twinkling lights on their homes.
An absolute must is Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. A German themed Christmas market with a fun fair, ice rink, smoked meats, rocking live bands, and incredible German beers. All with FREE ENTRY! I mean this is incredible.