Day-by-day the world is becoming more technologically advanced, and it’s hard to keep up. Even if you think you have mastered all the new trends and watched the latest viral video, you will still see and hear people talking and sharing stuff that you haven’t even heard of yet. And when you are travelling it’s even harder to keep up with it all. So to make it easier for you, I have arranged my favourite free apps here to help you along your travels. From my travels I realised that having apps downloaded to my phone can really save a lot stress and money. Even more it can open up new friendships through all the social networks available at your disposal.
Here I have listed my favourite 12 free apps that I have personally tried and tested.
- XE Currency – Get free live currency rates, tools, and analysis using the most accurate data.
- Travel Stoke – Shows other travellers nearby with similar interests who you can message for advice or meet up with
- Skyscanner – Compare cheap flights, hotels & car hire from more providers than anyone else.
- Hostel World – Read millions of hostel reviews from fellow travellers & book your next adventure today.
- Airbnb – Rent unique accommodation from local hosts in 191+ countries.
- Couchsurfing – share their homes and cities, making travel anywhere in the world a truly social experience.
- Uber – Get a reliable and affordable ride in minutes.
- Citymapper – The ultimate award-winning transport app making complex cities easy to use.
- Foodspotting – Lets you find the dishes you like, not just the restaurants.
- FourSquare – Find the perfect places to go with friends. Discover the best nightlife, and entertainment in your area.
- Tripadvisor – Unbiased reviews on accommodation, restaurants, activities and more.
- Timeout – Your global guide to art and entertainment, food and drink, film and things to do